Master of Media in Journalism & Communication (MMJC)
You're only a year away from working in the mediaOur Master of Media in Journalism & Communication (MMJC) degree will allow you to move seamlessly between journalism, communications and other media careers. We have taken the longstanding Western Journalism tradition of great storytelling and ethical journalism – and added more. In addition to being able to work as a journalist, you will be qualified for employment in a wide array of communications-related fields. And you will have the strategic thinking, content creation and media production skills you will need to thrive as the media landscape changes.
Over 90% of the graduates from the inaugural MMJC class of 2016 are working in the media, communications or journalism fields!
The first program of its kind in CanadaThe MMJC is different from other programs:
- a one-year program, two terms on-campus plus one term offsite, completing an internship and capstone project
- an opportunity to do an internship with media organizations you would otherwise not have access to
- a chance to do a capstone project that could be the crown jewel in your portfolio
- a master's degree that will open more doors for your career than a diploma, certificate or undergraduate degree
- a chance to learn the skills necessary for media, journalism and communications
- gain the flexibility to move between career paths
- learn to do ALL kinds of jobs more effectively
- understand the underlying principles of media production; the MMJC is not just a 'how to' program
- the opportunity to work with non-profits, NGOs, and other civil society groups during your internship and in coursework
- acquire the agility to find new ways of telling stories as they emerge in a rapidly changing landscape
PROGRAM INFO: MMJC Home; Why Choose MMJC?; Program Structure; Facilities & Equipment; Courses; Internship & Capstone Project; Information for Internship Employers; Testimonials; Tuition & Finances; How to Apply.