Established in 2005, the Faculty Scholars Award recognizes significant recent scholarly achievements in teaching or research. Nominated by faculty deans and selected by the Faculty Selection committee chaired by the Provost, the recipients have an international presence in their discipline and are considered all-round scholars. Winners hold the title “Faculty Scholar” for two years and receive $7,000 each year for scholarly activities, as well as receiving a citation.
- Recognize outstanding scholarly achievements when they occur
- Contribute to an attractive scholarly environment at Western, which will assist recruiting and retention efforts at all levels
- Provide a program that is managed at the Faculty level but held to Institutional Standards
- Contribute to Faculty morale
- Provide an opportunity to celebrate scholarly achievement at the mid-career stage of individuals who will be the leaders in their field
- Provide a vehicle for demonstrating the success of Western’s faculty internally and externally