Exchange student at animal sanctuary in Australia

Exchanges and studying abroad

Students usually apply for an exchange/study abroad program in their second year and take part in their third year.

International exchanges are handled through Western International. Eligible FIMS students may participate in a number of opportunities. Western students frequently travel all over the globe as part of their studies.

Interested students are encouraged to start looking at their options as early as first year, so they can work towards a successful application and experience in their third year.

MPI student Kara Waites (pictured above), studied at Bond University in Australia during the Fall 2015 term. You can read about her experience in the article she wrote, titled " Embracing life 'outside of our comfort zone'".