Boost your professional or academic career by mastering the communication tools of the digital age, while learning about the social media environment.
Western’s Certificate in Digital Communication (CDC) helps students understand the best practices of social media, virtual worlds and emerging forms of online communication. Based on practical explorations of media theory, this program is ideal for students who want to pursue a career in digital communications. It's also geared towards students who want to augment their professional or academic pursuits with a powerful set of tools and competencies that include:
- principles and production of social media, digital media and virtual worlds
- online information and organization
- creating and overseeing digital content
- theoretical and practical application of virtual worlds and simulated spaces
- producing and managing online communities
- gaming, social networking, social movements, search engines, graphic design, digital imaging and website design.
The Certificate in Digital Communications is open to any student who is currently completing an undergraduate degree at Western. The Certificate may be combined with any module/program and students across all disciplines are invited to apply.
Undergraduate Requirements - Certificate
How to Apply
To apply, most students will complete the Intent to Register process for the Certificate in Digital Communication using the online service.
To access the online Intent to Register service:
1. Log into Student Services
2. Click on myPossibilities
3. Click on Intent to Register
4. Follow the instructions on the online process
For students unable to complete the Intent to Register process online, please see Undergraduate Student Services, NCB 236 for a paper form. Intent to Register normally takes place in February/March each year.
Contact for Admissions and Application Procedures
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org