MA in Media Studies (MA MS)
Critical media studies in FIMS
The Faculty of Information & Media Studies' (FIMS) graduate programs in Media Studies foster interdisciplinary study at the intersection of media, technology and culture. Our programs offer opportunities for students to conduct advanced research across media and disciplines, focusing on media products, practices and reception.We offer:
- a dynamic, interdisciplinary approach to media studies
- excellence in research and teaching
- faculty expertise and mentoring from a range of disciplines and theoretical perspectives
- small class sizes that encourage scholarly debate and discussion
- a close-knit, collegial community of students and faculty
- a generous funding package
Media studies at the master's level
The Master of Arts in Media Studies features interdisciplinary study at the intersection of media, technology and culture. Choose either the Thesis Stream
or Major Research Paper Stream
, and conduct advanced research focusing on media products, practices and reception in a technocultural environment.
Graduates will be well prepared to pursue doctoral studies in media studies, communication or other related disciplines, or to enter the workplace in a variety of communications-related industries, in research, consulting, education, and in the communications, policy and regulatory agencies of government.
Interested in what students before you have studied? Visit the Student Research
page for a list of past theses.
PROGRAM INFO: MA MS Home; Program Goals; Milestones & Deadlines; Courses; Thesis Supervision; Student Research; Tuition & Finances; How to Apply.