Librarian - SEK International School - Doha, Qatar
School: SEK International School Qatar
Mission: Promote the role of the library at school through its effective management, the building of a variety of resources and connections with other centers and the collaboration with teachers in the development of students’ library skills and their passion for reading and researching.
• Collaborate with staff to plan inquiry units and identify appropriate resourcing and scaffolding to support students’ research.
• Ensure the library provides high quality resources, including e-resources, that meet the reading and information needs of the school community.
• Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
• Cooperate and liaise with international agencies, support groups, school and university library networks, etc. to provide access to resources outside the school.
• Professional library qualification.
• IT knowledge and high level of 2.0 tools.
• Fluent in English.
• Double Degrees, Masters and international experience will be favorably considered.
Job type: full time.
Starting in August 2019.
Apply by Feb 07, 2019
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.
If you are knowledgeable, open-minded, principled, reflective, caring, and proficient in English – which is our language of instruction – and you would like to join our international community of learners in Doha, we would like to receive the following from you:
• A personalized cover letter
• Your updated CV
• Current photograph
• Two Referees whom we are permitted to contact with their corresponding contact information
Please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: In the subject of your mail, please indicate the position you may be interested in, and school level/department (Librarian).
We thank all candidates for applying. We will contact those who are shortlisted.