LIS JobWebAs a service to the graduates of our Master of Library and Information Science program, FIMS hosts an LIS JobWeb. The JobWeb lists professional job postings and employment resources in library and information science. All postings listed are sent directly to FIMS by employers.
The FIMS LIS JobWeb lists vacancies in professional librarianship and information management positions. To be considered, submitted postings must require an ALA-accredited degree, OR require equivalent, professional duties that would reflect an advanced degree in library/information science.
Job Advertisement Collection Policy
Frequency of Updates: The site is updated approximately twice a week.
Employers wishing to submit a job ad to this site should include the following information in the posting:
How to Submit a Job Posting
- Job Title (indicate whether it is a full-time, part-time, or contract position)
- Name of Organization (include website address if available)
- Location of job
- Application deadline (if available)
- Description of organization
- Job description
- Type of experience required
- Qualifications required
- Application process (e.g., apply online or via e-mail)
- Contact information (postal address, e-mail, telephone)