The goals of the Master of Arts in Media Studies program are to:
- provide graduate level education in the field of media studies, as consistent with the mission statement of the University
- heighten students' critical thinking and analytical skills
- enable students to develop skills and abilities to conduct critical research in media studies, leading to an MA thesis
- assist students in attaining a broader understanding of the field of media studies
- enrich the understanding and discussion of media studies by inquiring into, and forging linkages with, related disciplines
- prepare students to pursue doctoral studies in media studies, communication or other related disciplines, or to enter the workplace in a variety of communication-related industries, in research, consulting or education, or in the communications, policy and regulatory agencies of government
PROGRAM INFO: MA MS Home; Program Goals; Milestones & Deadlines; Courses; Thesis Supervision; Student Research; Tuition & Finances; How to Apply.