Ajiferuke, Isola. BSc, MSc, U. Ibadan, Nigeria; MLIS, PhD, Western
- Informetrics; Knowledge management; Information retrieval; Modelling and simulation of information systems.
Blackmore, Tim. BA, MA, PhD, York
- Cultural studies; Popular culture; Readers as teachers; Technology; Hegemonic forms; Narrative discourse; Science fiction; Animation; Film; Art.
Burkell, Jacquelyn. BA, British Columbia; MA, PhD, Western
- Role of cognition in information use; Decision making; Human-Computer interface design; Credibility assessment; Risk communication; Program evaluation.
Campbell, Grant. BA, Toronto; MA, PhD, Queens; MISt., Toronto
- Cataloguing; Subject analysis; Classification; Electronic text design; Metadata systems.
Dyer-Witheford, Nick. BA, MA, PhD, Simon Fraser
- Libraries in networked capitalism; Cyber-Marxism; Video and computer games.
Farber, Carole. BA, PhD, British Columbia
- Electronic sources and services; Serving remote learners and users; Images and issues of gender; Technology and librarians.
Frohmann, Bernd. BA, MA, MLS, PhD, Toronto
- Subject analysis; Philosophy of library and information science; Social studies of information; Documentation; Scientific documents.
Harris, Roma. BA, British Columbia; MA, PhD, MPA, Western
- Information seeking and use (especially in marginalized groups); Gender, status and control issues in the professions; Management.
Hill, Heather. BA, Missouri–Kansas City; MA, PhD, Missouri–Columbia
- Public libraries; Collection development; Ethics; Critical discourse analysis; Information policy; Rural libraries; Reference.
Johnson, Catherine (Kate). BA, New Brunswick; MA, Dalhousie; MLS, PhD, Toronto.
- Social capital; Social role of public libraries; Digital divide; Libraries in developing countries; Information seeking behaviour.
Leckie, Gloria. BA, Windsor; MLS, MA, PhD, Western
- Academic libraries; Public libraries; Cataloguing and classification; Scholarly communities; Information seeking practices; Professional issues; Research methods.
McKechnie, Lynne. BA, Manitoba; MLS, Toronto; PhD, Western
- Literature and library services for children and young adults; Public libraries; Reference; Readers advisory; Collection development; Library and information science history; Children and information policy; Everyday life information behaviour; Research methods (interviewing, observation, ethnography and other qualitative methods).
McKenzie, Pam. BA, Toronto; MA, New Brunswick; MLIS, PhD, Western
- Serving user needs; Information needs and seeking; Sources of information; Collection development; Health information resources; Research methods.
Neal, Diane. BA, MS, PhD, University of North Texas
- Information organization; Image and music retrieval; Web usability and interaction design; Information visualization; Technology in library settings; Health information; Database systems; Research methods.
Noon, Jennifer. BSc(Hons.), Reading; MLIS, Western
- Reference; Information retrieval; Bibliographic instruction; Science, medicine and technology.
Pyati, Ajit. BA, UC Berkeley; MLIS, PhD, UCLA
- Information society and policy; Globalization, migration, and ICTs; International library development; Critical information studies.
Quan-Haase, Anabel. BS, MSc, Humboldt; PhD, Toronto
- Internet studies; Information use; Computer-mediated communication.
Ross, Catherine. MA, Toronto; BA, MLS, PhD, Western
- Reference transaction; Readers’ advisory; Studies of readers; Research methods.
Rothbauer, Paulette. BA, Toronto; MLIS, PhD, Western
- Studies of readers and reading; Children's and young adult literature; Role of public libraries; Youth and information practices; LIS and sexual diversity studies.
Rubin, Victoria. BA, Kharkov State, Ukraine; MA, PhD, Syracuse
- Natural language processing (language technologies and applications; subtle text properties: writer's certainty, text credibility); Information retrieval (information extraction techniques); Categorization and classification (multi-lingual classification transfer); Data-mining; Multi-lingual information access; Sociolinguistics (language, culture, and society).
Sedig, Kamran. BSc, Concordia, MSc, McGill; PhD, British Columbia
- Information visualization; Human-computer interaction design; Visually-enhanced interactive thought-support tools; Design of learning and knowledge tools; Computer-aided thinking.
Spencer, David. BA, MA, York; PhD, Toronto
- Media history, in particular the history and theory of the evolution of technology as it impacts on news and information.
Trosow, Samuel. BA, Pennsylvania State; Juris Doctor, Los Angeles; MPA, California State; LLM, Golden Gate; MLS, San Jose State; PhD, UCLA
- Information policy; Intellectual property; Political economy of information; Resources in Law.
Vaughan, Liwen. Dipl. Electronics, MSc, Shanghai; PhD, Western
Wathen, Nadine. BA(Hons), Dalhousie; MA, PhD, Western; Post-doctoral Fellowship, McMaster
- Health information seeking; family violence; Knowledge translation & exchange; Health information practices and health sciences librarianship; Qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Xiao, Lu. BA, Hunan; MSc, Florida; PhD, Pennsylvania State
- Groupware design for collaborative learning activities; Design for reflective thinking; Role of rationale awareness in group activities; Sustainability of technology growth in community groups; Informal learning infrastructure.