Access Services Librarian - University of the Sciences - Philadelphia, PA
UNIVERSITY OF THE SCIENCES IN PHILADELPHIA
JOB TITLE: Access Services Librarian
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Department Chair
DEPARTMENT: Information Science
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Access Services Librarian is responsible for providing access to the library and its information collections by overseeing circulation, interlibrary loan, and related functions. The incumbent reports to the Director of Library and Information Services and supervises approximately 2.5 FTE permanent staff members and the library’s student workers. As a faculty member in the Department of Information Science, the Access Services Librarian performs all professional librarian duties including, but not limited to: reference services, collection development, teaching, scholarly activities, and service.
• Establish and evaluate services, policies, and practices for circulation, stacks management, reserves, and document delivery based on best practices and new developments.
• Supervise, train, evaluate, and assign tasks to access services personnel.
• Oversee policies and operations of the library’s interlibrary loan systems and of the fulfillment functions of the library services platform (Alma).
• Work with the Library Director to monitor the security, safety and overall appearance of the library public space, facilitate repairs or correction of problems, and participate in facilities planning. Serve as liaison to Facilities Services and the Department of Public Safety.
• Participate in library assessment activities and in writing assessment plans and reports; gather and analyze access services data for assessment purposes.
• Collaborate with the Systems Librarian to ensure library equipment, including printers, scanners, and microform readers, is maintained.
• Set library hours in conjunction with the director and publicize them; ensure appropriate staffing during the library’s open hours.
• Teach information literacy classes, hold scheduled reference consultations, and serve at the reference desk.
• Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments and maintain the library collection in those disciplines.
• Provide service to the USciences community and the profession by participating in committees, task forces, and appropriate organizations.
• Engage in scholarly activity or research as a non-tenure track voting member of the Faculty.
• Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
• Two years of experience in an academic library, including access services responsibilities.
• Thorough understanding of each aspect of access services and its role in an academic library.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Mac/Windows operating systems, etc.
• One year of supervisory experience in a service environment.
• Assessment of library services in a higher education environment.
• Experience using Alma and Primo for circulation services.
• Experience using ILLiad and Relais for interlibrary loan services.
• Experience providing reference and instructional services.
• Strong grasp of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries.
• Bachelor’s degree from any STEM field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please follow the instructions on this page to apply: https://careers.usciences.edu/postings/5522
Applications by email will not be accepted.