Research Manager, National Tax - PwC - Toronto, ON
Job Title: (Full-time) Research Manager, National TaxName of Organization: PwC
Location of job: Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal
Application deadline: n/a
Description of Organization:
In Canada, PwC has more than 6,700 partners and staff in locations from St. John's, Newfoundland to Victoria, British Columbia.
With more than 100 years of excellence in Canada, we provide industry focused assurance, advisory and tax services for public, private and government clients in four areas:
3.Structuring and mergers and acquisitions
4.Performance and process improvement
As part of a larger network of over 223,000 people in 157 countries, we work to provide clients with the best of our collective thinking, experience and solutions to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and their stakeholders.
At PwC our Internal Firm Services are professionals who provide strategic advice to our business leaders. This empowers our business and helps us work collaboratively on strategies, solutions and programs that support the firm.
The Opportunity: Research Manager, National Tax
Position ID: 11448BR
We are seeking an experienced Research Manager to join our national tax research services team on a full-time basis.
Our National Tax Research group is a team of tax and legal researchers who utilize an array of resources and technology to deliver high quality tax and legal research to partners and staff in the tax practice, as well as PwC Law LLP.
Working at a national level, the Research Manager will lead the tax research services team, based in Toronto, and will also work collaboratively with other groups including Tax Knowledge Management and Research & Insights Canada. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide high-quality tax and legal research services in support of client work and business development.
The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders to identify their research needs and provide deliverables within a timely manner. In order to deliver on tight deadlines, the successful candidate will practice good time management, work closely with tax colleagues and manage stakeholder expectations in a responsible manner.
• Provide tax and legal research services to a practice of over 1200 staff and partners including PwC Law LLP
• Create customized research reports and news briefs
• Develop relationships with key tax partners and stakeholders and the broader tax practice in Canada and across the global firm
• Manage national tax and legal research license agreements and subscriptions
• Manage the library staff
• Promote awareness of research tools with the practice; as well as designs and delivers training sessions
• MLS/MIS or equivalent
• Legal research experience or background to develop and deliver high quality research services from a legal perspective (including tax)
• Experience with online research tools from Carswell/Thomson Reuters (Taxnet Pro, Westlaw), CCH Intelliconnect (Canada & US), Lexis Nexis (Quicklaw), Bloomberg, IBFD, Tax Analysts and Canadian Tax Foundation
• Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a professional services or legal firm
• Experience leading a team of researchers
• Excellent computer skills, with strong familiarity and ease of use with Microsoft applications, Google, and SharePoint
• Knowledge and understanding of new technologies available to enrich the user experience
• Proficiency in the use of a broad selection of tax and legal research products, both print and electronic
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank everyone for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/experienced-candidates.html -> Search for Current Opportunities Now -> Position ID 11448BR