Adult Services Librarian - Innisfil ideaLAB & Library - Innisfil, ON
ADULT SERVICES LIBRARIAN
FULL-TIME - 35 hours per week
Innisfil ideaLAB & Library, Innisfil Ontario
Innisfil ideaLAB & Library is a dynamic, innovative, community hub providing opportunities for learning, discovery, gathering, and fun for all. Our vision of revolutionizing Library service, transforming our community, and shaping our future can only be achieved through collaborative decision making and meaningful engagement with residents – it is all about the community.
Our warm and friendly staff enthusiastically provide unique and meaningful interactions with our customers, helping them to discover the spark to fuel unlimited ideas and opportunities. We embrace the unexpected, follow our passions with unlimited enthusiasm (and a little quirkiness), inspire each other to do better, and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Desirable Training and Experience:
• Master of Library & Information Science degree or equivalent;
• Ability to organize, co-ordinate and run high-quality adult programming for the four branches of the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library;
• Significant knowledge of literature, programming trends, and a passion for engaging with adults both in and outside of the Library environment;
• Thorough, practical, knowledge of current technologies and devices;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and lead or support a team;
• Excellent pro-active/roving customer service skills;
• Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, at all branches of the library system;
• Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation;
• Police records check.
Please mail or email resumes by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2017 to:
J. Asselstine, Deputy Chief Librarian
Innisfil ideaLAB & Library
967 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil, Ontario, L9S 1V3
Subject line to read: Adult Services Librarian
The Innisfil ideaLAB & Library encourages employment opportunities to be available to all persons on the basis of applicable skills and qualifications. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation please contact the Deputy Chief Librarian.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information contained in your resume is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used strictly for employment assessment purposes.